Fondant carrots are very easy to make and look so cute on top of a carrot cake, cupcakes or cookies.
I used mine to decorate the carrot crinkle cookies that I baked today. Carrots and cinnamon….delicious combination! I can’t wait to post the recipe.
It will take you less than 10 minutes to make these fondant carrots.
Remember to keep any fondant that you are not working with wrapped in cling film or in a zip lock bag so that it does not dry out.
If you do not have modeling tools, it’s fine. You just need a knife, toothpicks, a skewer, scissors and a small brush.
I used Wilton icing colors: orange and leafy green.
♥ Let’s keep in touch! ♥ Follow Chilly Frosting on :
- vegetable shortening
- white fondant
- food coloring (orange and green)
- zip lock bag
- water and a small brush
- toothpicks and a skewer
- Get two pieces of white fondant. Grease your hand with vegetable shortening.
- Add a little orange color to one piece of white fondant and knead until it's a uniform color.
- Do the same with the other piece using the green color.
- Roll the orange fondant into small balls the size of a quarter. Roll the green fondant into very small balls (half the size of the orange ones).
- Put the green balls in a zip lock bag so they don't dry out.
- Roll the orange balls into cone shapes.
- Using a knife or a toothpick, score horizontal lines across the cone.
- Make a hole on top of the cone with a skewer.
- Now use the green balls to make tiny tear shapes.
- Check that it fits into the hole
- With scissors make 3 or 4 cuts
- Brush some water on the uncut part
- Insert it into the top of the carrot