Are you rushing to work in the morning? No-bake granola bars are the perfect solution and will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
They are incredibly easy to make: just mix, press the mixture in the pan and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
It’s very important that you press firmly the granola mixture into the pan so the bars hold together well.
You can adapt the recipe to your liking as the ingredients are easily interchangeable with different dried fruits, nuts and seeds.
You can also use semi sweet or milk chocolate chips in place of white chocolate chips, unsalted butter or almond butter instead of peanut butter, maple syrup or agave can substitute honey.
It’s entirely up to you, as long as you keep the proportions the same.
These no-bake granola bars are super delicious: chewy and just sweet enough. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
♥ Let’s keep in touch! ♥ Follow Chilly Frosting on :
- 230 grams (2/ ½ cups) rolled oats
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 30 grams (1/4 cup minus 1 tablespoon) pistachio,coarsely chopped
- 100 grams (1/3 cup) honey
- 55 grams (1/4 cup minus 1 tablespoon) creamy peanut butter
- 20 grams (2 tablespoons) flax seeds
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams(1/2 cup) raisins
- 60 grams (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Line an 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Brush lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop almonds and pistachios.
- Put rolled oats, chopped nuts and flax seeds on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes, stir and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Let it cool for few minutes then add the raisins and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture in the pan and press firmly with a rubber spatula or damp fingertips.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 10 to 12 bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for about 1 week